Sunday, August 19, 2007

Strikeout Fishing at the Dome

Bert Blyleven: Oh, there's 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19 strikeouts on the scoreboard. Okay, everybody now!
Everyone: Oh, there's 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19 strikeouts on the scoreboard and they're comin' comin' comin', comin' comin' comin'.
Bert Blyleven: Mighty fine, good buddy, let's win this game now! Oh there's 19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 strikeouts on the scoreboard.
Dick Bremer: Okay, now let's go and count just the even numbered strikeouts. Oh, there's 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-19 strikeouts on the scoreboard. And they're comin' comin' comin', comin' comin' comin'.
Bert Blyleven: Sounds like you might have a record...I don't know.
Dick Bremer: Okay, since you're so smart, why don't you try counting in Roman numerals?
Bert Blyleven: Okay, I will. Oh, there's I-II-III-IV-V-VI-VII-VIII-IX-X-XI-XII-XIII-XIV-XV-XVI-XVII-XVIII-XIX strikeouts on the board and they're comin' comin' comin', comin' comin' comin'. Top that, will you!
Dick Bremer: I will now attempt to divide the strikeouts of the big game by pi. Oh, there's 3.141425679...11...million strikeouts on the scoreboard and they're comin' comin' comin', comin' comin' comin'...

5 comments:

Janet said...

Oh man, this was an incredible game to be at! Although, it would have been better if you'd have been with me! Then I could have gotten cheese all over you instead of my brother. Haha :)

Anyway, I'm at Sarah's, but she said you'd posted a blog so I had to get on quick and be the first comment. Can't let my streak end! We'll talk later!

A. Bauer said...

I love that song...."Big Rig" makes me laugh every time....

Lucy said...

awesome, someone who recognizes the song - I couldn't help myself...

A. Bauer said...

And now I have a song for you....

Matt Lecroy's back and the Tigers are in trouble
Hey now, hey now, Matt Lecroy's back
In ever single at bat he'll at least hit a double
Hey now, hey now, Matt Lecroy's back

Lucy said...

ahh hahaha
that made my day, thanks.
don't get FSN up here. :/